Building flakes (modules) for Pageflakes is easy and fun:
- Use your favorite designer or IDE like Microsoft Visual Studio/.NET, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Zend Studio for PHP etc.
- You can make simple single-se flakes without following Pageflakes' framework.
- You can utilize Pageflakes' framework to make advanced flakes.
- You can call methods of Pageflakes and harness the full power of the whole engine.
- You can test your flakes locally by running from the IDE. When the flake works nicely, put it on Pageflakes.
- Flakes can be regular HTML pages, although we strongly recommend using XHTML.
- You do not need to create any XML file to describe your flake.
- You can use server side scripts like PHP, JSP and ASP.NET to get and render UI besides client side scripts.
Read on to have a look at a simple sample flake!